As part of eCenturyWatches.com’s compliance to The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) and commitment towards protecting of our member’s personal information, eCenturyWatches.com has put in place a personal data protection and compliance principles which eCenturyWatches.com stands guided by in the provision of our products and services to our members/customers.
Please read eCenturyWatches.com Privacy Statement to understand how we use the personal data which we may collect from you. By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Statement, and the collection, the use, the access, the transfer, the storage, and the processing of your personal information as describe in this Privacy Statement.
1. What does this Privacy Statement About
This Privacy Statement is about:
- What kind of your personal information we collect
- How your personal information is collected
- How we use your personal information
- When we disclose your personal information
- When we transfer your personal information
- Your right to access and correct your personal data
2. What is Personal Data
Personal data is any information which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information which can be used to identify or contact you.
3. What are the kind of Personal Information We Collect
In order for us to provide you with our Products and Services, and to operate in an efficient and effective manner, we need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:-
- contact information such as your full name, supporting documents (including MyKad/NRIC/Passport, statements, etc) date of birth, gender, nationality and race, preferred language, current private and/or business address, telephone number, email address
- credit card information and bank account details
- the status of the services you have subscribed from us
- your personal interests and preferences to help us to better improve our Products and Services
- how you use the Products and Services
- the equipment you use when accessing our Websites, Products and/or Services (such as your handphone, your computer system and platform) to customize the service for you
4. When and How we collect your personal data?
We may collect your personal data from your when you:-
- you register/subscribe as new member
- you use our Products and/or Services
- participate in any of our surveys
- participate in any of our marketing campaign and/or promotions
- enter and/or participate in any contests, loyalty programmes, competition run/organized by us
- response to any marketing materials we send out (newsletter, etc)
- visit or browse our websites
- lodge a complaint with us
- provide feedback and/or suggestions to us (via our website or in hard copy)
When you access our websites, please be aware that:
- your IP address and information about your visit (such as time stamp, date, duration etc) will be automatically picked up by eCenturyWatches.com ‘s systems.
- our websites may contain links to third parties sites and eCenturyWatches.com will always try to make it clear when you leave our sites as eCenturyWatches.com is not responsible for
- such third parties sites and
- information which you made available at such third parties sites
5. How We Use Your Personal Information
The mandatory personal information we collect from you will be used and or shared within our corporate group and to third parties for one or the following purposes:-
- to verify your identity
- to assess and process your application(s) /request(s) for our Products and/or Services
- to provide you with the Products and/or Services you have requested
- to administer and manage the Products and/or Services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payments)
- to investigate and resolve any service issues, billing and fees queries, complaints or other inquiries that you submit to us regarding our Products and Services
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested
- to engage in business transactions in respect of Products and/or Services to be offered and provided to you
- to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
- to process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedback)
- to help us monitor and improve the performance of our Products and Services, our customer support/relations teams and to make these more efficient
- to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
- to manage staff training and quality assurance
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our Products and/or Services
- to determine how can we improve services to you
- to investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving Interbase Resources
- to conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
6. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our Products and/or Services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- law enforcement agencies
- government agencies
- companies and/or organizations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
- customer inquiry and other customer related services (including telemarketing);
- data processing services
- information technology services
- media and marketing services (including advertising)
- market research and website usage analysis services
subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Interbase Resources.
7. If Your Personal Information Provided Is Incomplete
Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory you provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our Products and/or Services.
Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information or wish to limit the processing of your personal information, we may not be able to process your application/request or provide you with our products or services
8. Access to Your Personal Data
We can assist you to access, and correct and limit the processing of your personal information held by us.
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date or should you wish to limit the processing of your personal information including personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from that personal data, you may make a request to us by email our Feedback department. You should quote your UserID, full name, email address, mailing/billing address and handphone/ fixed phone number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request. We shall charge a processing fee for searching for and providing you with access to your personal information to cover administration costs.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct or limit the processing of your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request and the relevant processing fee.
Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
9. Your Obligations as A Member
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting eCenturyWatches.com via the contact details provided below. This obligation is a condition to the provision of our Products and/or Services to you and/or any other person authorised or permitted by you or your organisation/company to use the Products and/or Services.
In the event you may need to provide us with personal information relating to third parties (for example about your business partner, spouse or children or where you are the designated person in charge (from an organisation or company) for dealing with us, if you are acquiring and are responsible for a service and/or product that they will use), you confirm that you have (i) obtained their consent or otherwise entitled to provide their personal information to us and for us to use accordingly, and (ii) informed them to read this Privacy Statement at our website at www.ecenturywatches.com/privacy-policy/
10. Updates To Our Privacy Statement
We may be required to revise and/or modify this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supersede any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, booklets, leaflets or hard copy versions. By continuing to use eCenturyWatches.com’s Products and Services after the communication of such revision and/or modification, you are accepting and consenting to such revision and/or modification.
Please check our website and/or our Announcement site for information on our most up-to-date practices.
11. Our Contact Details
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, please don’t hesitate to contact Customer Service at [email protected] eCenturyWatches.com.